Saturday 5 March 2016

Written Assignment + How to Write an Informal Letter

Written Assignment Nº 1:

Write an informal letter to me, your teacher. Organize your paragraphs with the following ideas as follows:
• what is your name? how old are you? who do you live with?
• what do you do in your free time?
• do you like studying English? Why/Why not?
Write at least 120 words. Begin your letter as follows:
Dear ___________,

DEADLINE: March 29th.



Don't you know how to write an informal letter? Look at this video!



Example:

Two weeks ago, you and your friend went on a trip together where you had a very good time. It seems that some of your personal belongings were mixed up with his. He has just sent you back your things.
Write a letter to your friend. In your letter
• thank him for sending your things back
• explain why you didn’t write earlier
• invite him to come and stay with you for some days
Write at least 250 words. You do NOT need to write any addresses. Begin your letter as follows:
Dear ___________,


ANSWER

Dear John,

Thanks so much for your letter and for sending my personal belongings back to me. Honestly, I don’t even know how they ended up in your bag in the first place. Funny isn’t it? I guess we both had too many drinks at some point!
Sorry for the delay in acknowledging your mail, but your package arrived just yesterday and I immediately got down writing this letter. Looking at the sweater and camera I had forgotten in your bag reminds me of the great time we had during our trip. I really miss those days we spent together and the friends we made there– remember? The moments of laughter and fun will always be unforgettable. I keep looking at the numerous photographs we took and I wish I could relive everything.
All these good memories gave me an idea. The summer holidays are just around the corner and since we are not going to work for about two weeks why don’t you plan a holiday and stay with me this summer? You know how wonderful it is here during this time of the year and you have never visited my hometown before. I could be your tourist guide introducing to you all the sights and we can have a great time again. I really hope that you can make it—it will be fantastic, what do you think? I am looking forward to hearing from you.

All the best,


Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment